You Never Know When Your Past Will Show Up

     
Life has a funny way of making a circle!

I started playing soccer when I was just a youngster, I believe I was about 7 years old. I moved to a new town and this was the sport of my choice. Although, I was a gymnast, cheerleader and ran track, I fell in love with the soccer! I fell so in love that I played for the next thirteen years of my life, on my high school team and a town team. Once I graduated high school I decided I needed a little bit of a change. I remember feeling worn out from the same routine. When I started college took the chance of joining my colleges Competitive Cheerleading Team. It was something different and I knew I would able to catch on because of my gymnastic background. Joining my college cheerleading team was one of the best 3 years of my life. Being apart of that team taught me many life lessons and introduced me to my love for teaching and coaching. I am now entering my 5th year as a high school cheerleading coach and going into my 2nd year as a college cheerleading coachBut while all of the cheerleading opportunities surrounded me, I still always wished I was involved with soccer. Well, the year 2020 has been full of surprises, I was randomly offered the opportunity to coach a soccer camp ! I was so excited and grateful that I was finally going to be surrounded by my first love, in sports, Soccer. What made the opportunity even better was that I was able to share my passion for soccer with children who were around the same age as me when I started playing. The experience I have with coaching cheerleading and experience I have with playing soccer opened this door for me. If I did not go through the motions of getting tired of playing soccer.  I my have not had been given the coaching positions I am into with the two sports I admire most.

Grammar Point

Noun: are words that describe people, places, things and ideas. 

Ex. The car is red.

Adjective are words that describe a noun. 

Ex. The car is Red.

Verb describes an action or occurrence.

Ex. The red car was drove past.

Vocabulary

1. Graduated- the act of finishing a course of study

2. Routine- a usual order of doing something

3. Coach- a person who instructs or trains a performer or team

4. Opportunity- a chance for greater success

5. Remember- to think of an experience from the past 

6. Admire- to look at with pleasure

Identify each vocabulary word as a Noun, Adjective or Verb.

Graduated     ______________  

Coach            ______________

Remember     ______________ 

Admire          ______________

Opportunity   ______________

Routine         _______________  



Comments

  1. Such an uplifting story, Lauren! I really enjoyed reading about your "full circle" life experience.
    Good definitions of vocabulary words! after you write the grammar point, just add a short writing assignment or exercise to go with it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Quarantine Lessons

Best & Worst Experiences

Happy to Sad but Always Grateful