Embarrassing Much!


 
Experiences can be laughable moments too, especially when you are around good company. My two close girl friends and I went to Atlantic City for a weekend trip. While there I began to get a stuffy nose and sore throat from sleeping under the hotel air condition. On the second day I woke up with a full on cold. I had a runny nose, watery eyes and sore throat, but I wanted to tough it out for the girls weekend. When we went to dinner we were full of laughs and giggles as always. At the dinner table my friend said something unexpectedly hilarious and I laughed so hard snot flew out of my nose. My two friends started to laugh uncontrollably at me because they couldn’t believe what they just saw. I felt like that entire restaurant saw what happened and I felt completely embarrassed. But of course I could not stop laughing at the whole experience of an accidental “snot rocket” in the middle of our dinner. Thank goodness I was with my two closest girl friends and not on a date. 

Vocabulary: 

Atlantic City (noun)- A resort city on New Jersey's Atlantic coast

Hilarious (adjective)- extremely funny

Unexpectedly (adverb)-not expected to happen.

Friend (noun)- a person whom one knows and with whom one has a bond of mutual affection

Entire (adjective)- no part left out

Sore (adjective)- painful or aching

Complete each sentence using the vocabulary words.

1) My legs were ___________ after dancing all night long.

2) I drank my ____________fruit smoothie for lunch.

3) Yesterday, my _____________and I went shopping for our trip.

4) The comedian we saw last night was ____________.

5) The car ____________crashed into the side of the building.

6) I had a fun filled trip to _____________.

The story I told about my experience was told in the past tense. When speaking or writing in past tense we must use verbs in the past tense. A verb forms the main part of a sentence by describing an action, state or occurrence. A past tense verb is an action, state or occurrence that is described in the past. Some ways to identify past tense verbs are to look at the ending of a word or to look at the word that came before the verb. Identify at least 5 verbs written in past tense from the story above.

Below are a few examples of verbs and past tense verbs. 

Verb: Crash, Laugh, See, Start,

Past tense Verb: Crashed, Laughed, Saw, Started

 

Learn More Here!!

Past Tense Verb Quiz


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quarantine Lessons

Best & Worst Experiences

Happy to Sad but Always Grateful